1. Decide on the essential items that you must have first and then worry about the extras.
2. Hand make the centerpieces yourself using items priced toward your budget.
3. Using artificial flowers is cheaper than fresh flowers unless you pick them yourself from a field.
4. Skip the extra wedding favors and focus more attention on decoration detail.
5. Never go over your budget because you set it up for a reason
6. For smaller items like candles, candle holders, small laces etc. visit your nearby dollar store.
7. Never underestimate the elegance of basic décor. Sometimes minimal is best.
8. Some very versatile items that can make a beautiful decorations include: clay pots, plastic bowls/vases, faux flowers, pearls, balloons, pillar candles, rhinestones, and empty wine bottles.
9. Tissue paper roses and flowers give off a beautiful look to any decorating style and they are quick and easy to make.
10. A word to wise is that your decorations should not even amount to half of the money that is spent on the reception.